Illinois Principal Certification Checklist
- Minimum of two years of successful teaching on a valid teaching certificate
- 4 years of full-time teaching on a valid certificate will be required to obtain Illinois Principal licensure.
- A valid Illinois teaching certificate (early childhood, elementary, secondary, special K-12, or special pre-school - age 21).
- Cumulative GPA of a 3.0/4.0 scale or higher for full acceptance, or a 2.8 for conditional acceptance. All coursework must be documented with two sets of official transcripts from each institution attended.
- Passing score on the Illinois State Board of Education Test of Basic Skills (#300) or the Test of Academic Proficiency (#400); or an ACT score of 22 or higher (plus the writing portion) or an SAT 1030 (plus the writing portion) taken within the past five years.